Ananal fistula is a little canal that can create between the end of the inside and the skin close to the rear-end of anal.
They’re normally the aftereffect of a contamination close to the rear-end bringing on a gathering of discharge (boil) in the close-by tissue. At the point when the discharge depletes away, it can desert a little channel.
Ananal fistula can bring about draining and release when passing stools – and can be difficult.
Indications of ananal fistula can include:
- Skin aggravation around the butt
- A steady, throbbing agony that might be more terrible when you take a seat, move around, have a solid discharge or hack
- Foul release from close to your butt
- Passing puss or blood when you crap
- Swelling and redness around your butt and a high temperature (fever), in the event that you additionally have a trouble controlling solid discharges
Most anal fistulas create after ananal boil. They can happen if the boil doesn’t mend legitimately after the puss has depleted away.
Less normal reasons for anal fistulas include:
- Crohn’s infection – a long haul condition in which the digestive framework gets to be aggravated
- Diverticulitis – contamination of the little pockets that can stand out of the side of the digestive organ (colon)
- Hidradenitis suppurativa – a long haul skin condition that causes abscesses and scarring
- Infection with tuberculosis (TB) or HIV
- A complication of surgery close to the rear-end
Anal fistulas more often require surgery as they hardly heal if left untreated. The kind of surgery will rely on upon the position of your anal fistula. The alternatives include:
Fistulotomy. This is utilized as a part of 85-95% of cases and includes cutting open the entire length of the fistula all together for the specialist to flush out the substance. This mends following one to two months into a straightened scar.
Seton procedures. A seton is a bit of string which is left in the fistula tract. This might be considered in the event that you are at high danger of creating incontinence when the fistula crosses the sphincter muscles. Once in a while a few operations are vital.
Progression fold methodology. This alternative is typically when the fistula is viewed as unpredictable, or there is a high danger of incontinence. The headway fold is a bit of tissue that is expelled from the rectum or from the skin around the butt. Amid surgery, the fistula tract is expelled and the fold is reattached where the opening of the fistula was. The operation is successful in around 70% of cases.
Fibrin paste. This is right now the main non-surgical treatment choice. The paste is infused into the fistula to seal the tract, then the opening is sewed shut. It is a straightforward, protected and easy methodology, yet long haul results for this strategy are poor. Introductory achievement rates as high as 77% drop to 14% following 16 months.
Bioprosthetic plug. This is a cone molded fitting produced using human tissue, which is utilized to hinder the interior opening of the fistula. Join keep it set up. Be that as it may, this doesn’t totally seal the fistula, with the goal that it can keep on draining. New tissue for the most part develops around the fitting to recuperate the fistula. Two trials show achievement rates of more than 80% for this strategy, yet long haul achievement rates are unverifiable.